TRUTH

TRUTH will always triumph. TRUTH is Revealed, Absolute, Propositional, Transcendent, Incarnate and Transforming!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Making Ministry a Movement

Pre-Reformation - John Wycliff

Pre- Reformation - John Huss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNwR6-S76ec
When the chain was put about him at the stake, he said, with a smiling countenance, "My Lord Jesus Christ was bound with a harder chain than this for my sake, and why then should I be ashamed of this rusty one?"

When the fagots were piled up to his very neck, the duke of Bavaria was so officious as to desire him to abjure. "No, (said Huss;) I never preached any doctrine of an evil tendency; and what I taught with my lips I now seal with my blood." He then said to the executioner, "You are now going to burn a goose, (Huss signifying goose in the Bohemian language:) but in a century you will have a swan which you can neither roast nor boil." If he were prophetic, he must have meant Martin Luther, who shone about a hundred years after, and who had a swan for his arms.

The Reformation - Martin Luther, John Calvin.

William Tyndale - (The house in Delft where the Bible was first translated into the language of the people is now a "Subway Sandwich Shop" with only a small plaque to signify the historical significance of that place)

Methodist - John Wesley.

George Whitfield - The Great Awakening in America

One straight forward question for my readers to consider and answer.
What are the transferable and reproducable essential factors that produced a movement of global dimensions through these leaders?
There are scores of very credible Christ honoring ministries in the USA. Their stated objectives are solid. Their doctrinal convictions parallel many or most of those individuals listed above. There are resources dedicated to their efforts. All that said, we still witness a pittance of the total impact desired and urgently needed.

I DO NOT have the answer to my own question. However, as long as I have breath and life I will pursue the equation necessary to see this MOVEMENT become a REALITY! God is God - then and now. HE alone is fully capable of doing now what he did then. Join me in praying and laboring to that end. I plead with other Leaders to give momentum to this noble and Christ honoring goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment