TRUTH

TRUTH will always triumph. TRUTH is Revealed, Absolute, Propositional, Transcendent, Incarnate and Transforming!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gnats & Camels

On my way to the office this morning I heard Inez Tennenbaum (Consumer Products Safety Commission) expressing an urgent appeal to remove the draw strings from hooded sweat shirts because a youngster in the state of Washington choked to death when the draw string became entangled in playground equipment. How many millions of children have worn hooded sweat shirts in the past 50 years? Do the math comparatively. Tragic to be sure. I hope we grieve at the loss of ANY life. That said, think with me here.

Since 1973 in America we have permitted the murder, the slaughter of innocents via abortion of 50 million children. Not only is there no government outcry, but, there is an attack, vicious and unrelenting, against anyone who would dare to raise their voice in opposition to this pillage of those unable to defend themselves. I weep for our land. I weep for the church that has been complicit by her silence and inactivity. We have raised a real stink about health care but we have slept through this carnage of unimaginable proportions. Shame!

I come repeatedly to Ezekeil 7. Through the Prophet the Sovereign LORD says: THE END! God had reached the outer limits of His great mercy and long-suffering with His Covenant people. I wake each morning with a fresh fire in my belly to confront the apathy and indolence in the American Church. I also wonder as I pray when God will say - THE END! Perhaps He already has and I am just not able or willing to recognize that fact.

I pray not. THANK YOU LORD for another new day. Change the way America does church before we get to THE END!! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment