TRUTH

TRUTH will always triumph. TRUTH is Revealed, Absolute, Propositional, Transcendent, Incarnate and Transforming!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Deep Roots = Much Fruit

Our Child Development Center had an end-of-summer program this past Thursday. I went over to the auditorium to watch the children sing in Spanish, recite Scripture that they had learned over the summer, etc.

I noticed a dime sized hole in the side walk. Out of that hole there was a small plant growing. I reached down to pull it out. What a lesson in spiritual vitality!

The above ground portion measured 3 inches. The root was 13 inches long!!! There is a very clear lesson in this. We are commanded to bear much fruit. Deep roots, vital connection to the vine makes that possible.
John 15:1-6 John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

How deep are your roots? What is your connection to the Vine? Are you bearing fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment