TRUTH

TRUTH will always triumph. TRUTH is Revealed, Absolute, Propositional, Transcendent, Incarnate and Transforming!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Intercession as Obedience

Monday, February 14, 2011 # 7

The message began with the words "I don't know if you remember who I am".

The sender was a member of the Christian School Faculty where I pastored 27 years ago. She had found me on Face Book. She was writing to inform me of two specific issues.

1. She was blessed by a sermon series I had done on the book of Hosea. She had read Francine Rivers title Redeeming Love and found both to be riveting in helping here see the Truth of God's redeeming love. It is a special joy as a pastor to hear a member say that the proclamation of the Truth is still fresh in the life of a beleiver 27 years after they heard it.

2. She informed me that she was awaken in the middle of the night to, in her words, "do some interceeding and heavy praying for me". At that very time, and unkown to her, I was making a major decision on a ministry opportunity that would shape the rest of my pastoral and ministry life.

Intercessory prayer is one of God's primary means to accomplish His purpose in our lives.

I count myself thankful and immensely blessed as I write to have been informed of this most significant fact concerning how God is intensely and personally involved in our walk with Him.

So, whenever you are prompted to pray, even in the middle of the night - PRAY! You never know how God may be using you as His chosen means to shape life and ministry for others. (Luke 18:1-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment