TRUTH

TRUTH will always triumph. TRUTH is Revealed, Absolute, Propositional, Transcendent, Incarnate and Transforming!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

By What Authority

I have resisted establishing a dedicated BLOG for several years. It is time consuming, demands dedication & diligence and consumes significant and copious blocks of research and documentation if the content is to be significant and contribute to the advance of the Kingdom of God and benefit the readers.

First, I am in no way comparing my posts on this BLOG with the message or authority of Ezekiel. I personally believe there are no such Prophets today. Second, I do passionately believe that the message of God is just as real, binding and essential for the day in which we live as it was when Ezekiel spoke. Third, I am convinced that the greatest need in the church in America is the recognition of the nature, character and authority of the word of God (Heb. 4:12).

What transpired that made me change my mind? Would you believe a movie? I took my dear wife to see Julie & Julia (the true story of Julia Childs and Julie Powell, a budding New York author). The movie is quite good and other than 2 f-bombs, uttered unnecessarily, it is a gripping account of true friendships, marital joy and loyalty through good times and bad, much laughter and Julie Powell's quest to write a BLOG everyday for 365 days while cooking the recipies from Julia Childs cook book.

I am listening to the burial account of a recently deceased Senator. I am reminded of my own mortality and limited biological longevity. So, if Julie Powell can muster the diligence to write about French Cooking, I can surely do so for the proclamation of the Word of God and the great good that the Living Word brings to God's people and to Social Order.

See the movie. Read this BLOG. Respond to the posts. Contribute to the Reformation & Renewal of vibrant wholeheartedness in the Church in America. In Grace, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment